Do you want to find out why some of the most talked-about chefs in the world right now are coming from the Basque Country, from Juan Mari and Elena Arzac and Martin Berasategui (3 Michelin stars each) to Andoni Luis Aduriz of Mugaritz in San Sebastian (2 Michelin stars)?
Look no further! Join our "Seven Wonders of Basque Cuisine" in Sydney on Saturday 5th February 2011, at 12:30pm (to secure your booking, visit our event page here).
After our successful '13 Desserts of Provence" Christmas event in December, we'll embark on a culinary journey like no other, from Bayonne and Biarritz in France to Bilbao, San Sebastian and Pamplona across the border.
We'll explore the fascinating stories and traditions behind iconic dishes and ingredients such as Espelette pepper, pintxos (the Basque tapas), the famous jambon de Bayonne (cured ham), salt cod a la Vizcaina, txipirones (baby squids) in their ink, the Basque macarons, the Gateau Basque with xapata black cherries, and so much more.
Bayonne is also the French capital of chocolate, so get ready for a couple of surprises on the side of things too!
Anyway, I can't wait to share with you the wonderful culinary traditions of the Basque Country - don't miss out!
Date: Saturday 5 February 2011 - 12:30pm.
Location: shhh, it's still a secret - unveiling Sydney location in January!
Price per person: $99 for a 3-course lunch, including aperitif, a glass of delicious matching wine from the Basque Country, coffee, a gourmet goodie bag and fabulous prizes to win on the day.
Bookings: tickets will sell fast so call us now on 1300 951 138 to secure your seat, or book online on our event's page. You can also contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gorgeous personalised gift certificates are also available for the event, contact us to organise.
Wanna know more? Here's what people had to say about our previous gourmet event, 'The 13 Desserts of Provence':
- check out our lunch review on www.NotQuiteNigella.com.
- check out another review on Inside Cuisine.
- Tony H. "Myriam thank you for a beautiful event. It was an honour to finally meet your husband Jean too - he is charming and so very knowledgeable. What a couple you make! We are so lucky to have you in Sydney sharing your inspiration with us and giving us "sensory experiences" like no other!"
- Antonio T. "Been completely spoilt with all things French at #13desserts by @myriamthi!"
- Leanne B. "Huge thanks to @myriamthi #13desserts was wonderful feeling thoroughly spoilt."
- Lisa F. "Mum and I had a lovely time. I'm looking forward to the next one in Feb!"